Offshore Solvent/Scale Treatments
offshore solutions are designed for optimized performance while minimizing operational risk in offshore acid and solvent treatments. During placement, Div+, MicroVert+, and SolVert+ are solid non-toxic particles which obstruct flow paths ensuring even distribution of treating fluids across large intervals. products are customized for compatibility and desired service life in a multitude of fluid systems, including aggressive solvent systems where traditional particulates are not effective. The result is a suite of diverter products with capabilities to sustain pressure differentials much higher than liquid diverters while retaining operational simplicity and safety. After successfully diverting fluid, products hydrolyze into a non-hazardous liquid in a process driven by time, temperature, and the presence of water.
Key Design Factors
- Settling resistance/density
- Precise geometry/elasticity
- Low velocity transport characteristics ensure optimized placement
- Particle density, elasticity, shape and size are manipulated for optimum performance.
- In gravel pack applications, the products are designed to deform and traverse the gravel pack, bridging against the formation face.
- Oblong geometry is key to efficient performance in gravel pack.
- For screen applications, deformable round particles are designed to pass through the screen yet bridge/cover as aggressively as possible.
Benefits and Outcomes
- Reduced post-treatment decline
- Increased time between treatments
- Supplied as a slurry or dry-additive