conformance improvement products are temporary or permanent particulates used to improve sweep efficiency in reservoirs with fracturing, faulting, or other high permeability channels. These specialized diverting agents are manufactured uniquely based on specific reservoir requirements to provide a plugging mechanism for high conductivity channels, allowing products to be used in conjunction with other more traditional conformance improvement systems. These products are designed for periodic deployment on an as-needed basis through either the existing injection equipment or (in the case of more-severe channeling) via external pumping equipment.
Key Design Factors
- Low cost application on as-needed basis
- Variable lifespan (including permanent) options available
- Precision manufactured to exact specifications needed
- Does not alter chemistry of injected fluids
- Easily removed from reservoir if desired
Benefits and Outcomes
- Improved sweep efficiency
- Increased injection pressure
- Enhanced performance of foams, gels, resins, etc.